1.13.2014

Observing London

Observation of London
-alone in a crowd series
46.18 x 13.6 cm

The illustration depicts the observations in a city, which includes many events in a long term. The brick buildings were sourced from two scenes; one was a sunset view out from my room and the other was on the train back from Heathrow airport. I sketched the Thames on the sidewalk in day and in night when it showed different people were passing by, withering trees and changing colour of leaves. I made each story be located in the relative position according to a street map. The west side of the river is Green Park, and the east side represents both of Lambeth and further northwest Rotherhithe.
The illustration depicts the journey of discovering happenings in London by myself. The animals are metaphors of the feeling at the moment. When we are in crowd, being alone makes us notice details and those who quickly passing by our side. While I enjoyed the time of observing alone, I might be inspired an idea of unsolved problem, a dramatic imagination or a peace of releasing emotion. Being alone in a crowd would be important to reflect and to know ourselves in lives.

No comments :

Post a Comment